[Intel-gfx] Hardware/Software Cursor?

The Fungi fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Sep 24 17:23:31 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:11:15PM -0700, Tony Bones wrote:
[...]
> Kinda sux to have a cursor in the middle of the screen
> every time I resume from S3.
[...]

I know this may be off topic and a bit of a hack, but try the
'unclutter' tool. My HTPC is configured to fire up a kiosk user in X
automatically, and I've added this to its .xinitrc:

test -x /usr/bin/unclutter && exec /usr/bin/unclutter -idle 2 -reset -root -jitter 8 &

The above hides the cursor automatically if the pointer device is
inactive for two seconds (where "inactive" means something like less
than 8 points movement). See its manpage for numerous other options
which may be helpful for your particular use case.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi at yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi at irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);