[Intel-gfx] Corruption on changing resolution

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Sep 25 20:25:31 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Stefano Avallone's message of Fri Sep 25 01:20:11 -0700 2009:
> I experience a screen corruption (as shown in the attached snapshot) as soon
> as I change resolution on my GM965 laptop with "xrandr --output LVDS1 --mode
> 1024x768" (the original resolution is 1280x800). Also, if I type something in
> yakuake, it is not immediately visible, but only if I retract and reopen
> yakuake.
> This corruption seems to only appear when using compositing effects (I use KDE
> 4.3.1).
>
> This corruption happens both with current packages in Debian unstable (intel
> 2.8.1, xserver 1.6.3.901, mesa 7.5.1) and with the recent git master.
>
> Does anyone experience the same issues? Shall I open a bug on fd.o? If you
> need more info, please tell me what to do.

That sounds like a new bug to me. Thanks for testing git versions as
well as what's in Debian unstable.

Are you using kernel modesetting? (Loading the i915 kernel module with
the modeset=1 option.) And have you also tried a recent kernel to see
if the behavior is changed?

Opening a bug report on bugs.freedesktop.org would be helpful just so
that we don't forget the issue. I'll try to attempt to replicate the
bug when I get the chance, (it's conference season right now with LPC
and XDC so it will likely be about a week before I could play with
this).

-Carl