[Intel-gfx] Hardware/Software Cursor?

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.de
Sat Sep 26 13:07:51 CEST 2009

Tony Bones schrieb:
> Word, I didn't expect it to even be available, plus that link was for nvidia
> driver.  I just threw it out there, I don't know what's causing it.
> suspend/resume functions, Xorg, intel drivers, something else entirely.  Any
> ideas?  Anything I can test for?  Kinda sux to have a cursor in the middle
> of the screen every time I resume from S3.  Does this sound like a graphics
> driver issue?  I can submit a bug report, I just wasn't sure if it even had
> to do with graphics driver.
> Thanks

The cursor seems to be not restored correctly on VT switch. I am
reproducing this with the cursor over a kde konsole, which hides the
cursor when the users starts typing. Switching to another VT and
back(using chvt) makes the cursor reappear and it does not disappear
until moving the cursor(which would make konsole unhide it, rehiding on
typing). My testing shows this was introduced somewhere between
xorg-server-1.5.3 and xorg-server-1.6.3, and affects nvidia in the same
way as intel. This happens with and without a window manager. It looks
like there is no bug for this on bugs.freedesktop.org.

Regards,
  Pierre