[Intel-gfx] GMA 500 Support

David A. Greene greened at obbligato.org
Sat Sep 26 22:39:53 CEST 2009

I am interested in getting the GMA 500 (Pouslbo) chipset working in Linux.
I've done some small investigating into the (unmaintained) Ubuntu driver.
I believe this should get integrated with the intel-gfx effort and be an
officially supported driver.

What's the best way to get started.  Right now I'm hacking the Debian
unstable sources, trying to integrate the Ubuntu driver in there.
Unfortunately, the Ubuntu driver seems quite stale (doesn't use GEM,
etc.) and so the going is rough.

Any documentation on the GMA 500 I can look at?  I don't care about
3D yet.  Getting decent 2D performance is the first step.

Thanks.

                         -Dave