[Intel-gfx] Latest Xorg driver for Fedora 11 - res not correct on GM4500MHD

samankaya at netscape.net samankaya at netscape.net
Tue Sep 29 00:20:00 CEST 2009

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this issue???

Posted twice for it with config files in the end uploaded to my FTP but no responses so far :-(

Fedora basically is in 640x480 res I've just found out!!!

I downloaded and installed this package: system-config-display

then ran it and it claims 640x480 for res even though I chose a 1280x800 generic? LCD screen.

I also attempted to adapt the xorg.conf file with Modes "1280x800" under here:

[code]
Section "Screen"
??? Identifier "Screen0"
??? Device???? "Videocard0"
??? Monitor??? "Monitor0"
??? DefaultDepth???? 24
??? SubSection "Display"
??? ??? Viewport?? 0 0
??? ??? Depth???? 24
??? ??? Modes??? ?? "1280x800"
??? EndSubSection
EndSection
[/code]

but no joy again. Currently OpenSolaris works fine and Kubuntu to mention all UNIX's tested but why not Fedora as it has a later kernel then Kubuntu even???

Can someone give me a hand.... please??

Many thanks

Kaya