[Intel-gfx] Dell Inspiron mini 1010-8981 graphic problem

Peter van der Laan p_van_derlaan at hccnet.nl
Sun Apr 11 11:46:00 CEST 2010

Good morning (from Netherlands),

I've got a Dell Inspiron mini laptop 1010-8981 - when I bought it was
with WinXP Home.
Due to the many problems using Win, I installed openSUSE 11.2 KDE 4.3.5,
kernel 2.6.31.12-0.2.i686.
Many things were properly configured, only one thing, the graphic drivers.

I've an Intel System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) Graphics Controller,
driver: unknown, in this Dell mini laptop.

Whereas /etc/X11/xorg.conf states that preferred option is 1024x576
(although I even had 1024x768 in Win with the specific Dell/Intel
drivers for graphic control, but only designed for Win).

Now my monitor looks 800x576, unchangeable, Sax2 does not accept any
changes, I think this is because of the missing driver for (openSUSE) Linux.

Now I have downloaded xf86-video-intel-2.11.0.tar.gz (the last version
from March 29, 2010), in Readme.text it says:
> It supports a variety of
> Intel graphics chipsets including:
>
>     i810/i810e/i810-dc100,i815,
>     i830M,845G,852GM,855GM,865G,
>     915G/GM,945G/GM/GME,946GZ
>     G/GM/GME/Q965,
>     G/Q33,G/Q35,G41,G/Q43,G/GM/Q45
>     PineView-M (Atom N400 series)
>     PineView-D (Atom D400/D500 series)
When I read this, it supports a variety of Intel graphic chipsets, I
would like to know if this driver fits for my chipset, without any X
problems after all (meaning that it won't start again after installing
such a driver).

Look forward to your replies for this item.

Many many thanks,
Peter van der Laan

--
Dit e-mailbericht is ondertekend en virusvrij/This e-mail message has been signed and is free from any virus

Peter van der Laan
p_van_derlaan at hccnet.nl