[Intel-gfx] Patch review

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Apr 25 23:28:22 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

I've sent three patches to the list for review recently, and posed a
question about possible buggy palette handling. Two of the patches I
sent fix bugs (one "real", one a build issue), and there is a one
clean-up.

I've had no replies on any issue yet. I would appreciate if someone
could take a quick look and ACK / NAK the patches.

I'm only a technical user (Although I do some OSS software development
in my free time), and it is somewhat disheartening when I've taken the
extra steps to produce a patch to fix the issues, for them to be
(seemingly) ignored.

If you want me to go away and file bug-reports, and attach the patches,
I'll do it, but these are simple issues - and if people would pick up
and commit the patches I've sent, it saves me a lot of time fighting
bugzilla.

It was me who "discovered" the TV-out logic on the Cantiga platforms
seem to require a "0" in the state-change detection enable bits, but I
see I got no credit for that detective work in the eventual patch Zhao
Yakui worked up once with access to the HW specs / BIOS code.

PS.. Wouldn't it be nice to get some of that reference BIOS code opened
up?

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton