[Intel-gfx] Intel 965 and Custom Resolutions

Lucas lucas at dmglobal.net
Tue Aug 31 18:10:55 CEST 2010

I tried Felix's solution and the Monitor section was indeed read but the same thing happens.  X ignores my Modeline and instead uses one of the two modelines generated by the EDID info.   The Xorg.0.log shows this happening.  I don't have access to the log right now but it's something along the lines of "Ignoring 1920x1080 modeline"...

I copied the Monitor section from xorg.conf.

As I mentioned previously, xrandr doesn't seem to work for me. The exact modeline from my previously-pasted xorg.conf file works on an NVidia ION box but doesn't work for this machine.

In addition, I "915.modeset=0" doesn't seem to work for me either.