[Intel-gfx] QS57/HD Graphics support?

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 18:22:35 CET 2010

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:21:37 +0000, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:15:06 +0800, Matthew Willoughby <mattfredwill at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Enabling LVDS2 via xrandr turns the screen on and extends the desktop,
> > however all that is outputted is grey, occasionally white, and sometimes
> > flashing colours.
> > For information: A fresh install of Windows 7 can't use the second screen
> > either, until the Intel drivers are installed, so I'm assuming that this is
> > simply not supported in the linux drivers.

Ok, the device is configured differently to how I was expecting. It uses
SDVO to drive both LVDS (which I should have guessed given the drivers
report of 2 LVDS). At first glance, we think we are driving both panels,
i.e. we've attached a crtc to each and a bound the fbcon framebuffer to
both crtcs, yet only one panel is active. The likely suspect is inside
intel_sdvo.c.

A different adventure than the one I was anticipating. Perhaps this will
be my wayland test bed...