[Intel-gfx] Versions required for h264 acceleration on Intel HD chipset

Pedro Ribeiro pedrib at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 19:01:55 CET 2010

Hi all,

tomorrow I will be getting my new shiny new laptop, a T410 with an
Intel HD graphics adapter.

Currently I'm using Debian testing (soon to become stable) with these packages:
- intel xorg driver 2.13
- cairo 1.8.10
- libdrm 2.4.21
- mesa 7.7.1
- libva 1.0.1
- xorg server 1.7.7

I always use the latest stable kernel (at the moment 2.6.36.1).

Given that the versions of the software above differ from the
recommended in the Intel Q3 graphics package, I'm wondering if I will
be able to make use of the h.264 acceleration or do I need to upgrade
the software?
Apart from that, are there any features of Intel HD that I will be missing out?

The reason I would not like to upgrade is that I like to maintain the
Debian stable packages as most as possible...

Thanks for your help.