[Intel-gfx] xdpyinfo gives wrong physical screen size

dolphinling lists at dolphinling.net
Mon Jan 18 12:24:03 CET 2010

xdpyinfo is giving the wrong physical screen size on my computer.

The computer is an 845G running kernel 2.6.32.3, libdrm 2.4.17, xorg-server
1.7.4, and xf86-video-intel from git.

The monitor is an NEC MultiSync FE791SB (crt).

The actual physical size (of the image, not sure about the glass) is 320x240
millimeters. The reported size is 423x318 millimeters. Since it is running at
1600x1200 px, the actual resolution is 127 dpi, but the reported resolution is
96 dpi.

I'm sure there's more information I need to give for this to be solved, so just
tell me what it is and how to get it.
--
dolphinling
<http://dolphinling.net/>