[Intel-gfx] Intel Graphics support for RHEL 5.3?

Alan Bennett abennett at miltope.net
Sat Jun 5 00:24:28 CEST 2010

I've got a GM45 platform that fails to load EDID data from the LVDS panels
on RHEL 5.x, however, in Ubuntu, the driver is able to recognize the
graphics fine.  I don't know if the RHEL problem is in the VBIOS or the
intel driver because when I look at Ubuntu it works.

RHEL 5.x (conf and log attached)
1. Vesa driver reads and displays LVDS EDID
   - side note: 1680x1050 isn't available, only 1280x1024
   --  Note: Both Panel and Edid say 1680x1050 is supported
2. Intel driver says lvds disconnected, no EDID/DDC2 data at all.

Ubuntu 10.04
1. Vesa (no data)
2. Intel driver works just works, says lvds connected and displays the
expected EDID query

How do I get an Intel driver that works in RHEL?

-Alan