[Intel-gfx] 2.10 and 2.9 point releases

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Mon Jun 7 22:55:40 CEST 2010

For whatever libdrm knock-it-off-with-the-overallocation patch we settle
on, it's going to trigger the bug with the 2D driver underallocating
framebuffer memory on my 1440x900 laptop.  I've pushed tested patches to
both branches, and my plan is to roll point releases of those, and
mention in the libdrm release notes whenever that happens that you'll
want either 2.9.2, 2.10.1, 2.11, or
d08782e1a17279092fa4027d98d25ef36a9f80e5 in your 2D driver.  The
alternative would be for libdrm to avoid good behavior unless the driver
said it was ready to cope, but that seems messy when the fix is so
trivial.

So, does anyone else have anything critical for a 2.9/2.10 point
release?  If not, I'll probably roll tarballs in a couple of days.