[Intel-gfx] Operation When LCD Projector Off

Christopher James Halse Rogers christopher.halse.rogers at canonical.com
Wed Jun 16 01:54:37 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 08:04 -0700, Kathleen Rose wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Any word on this? Is there a way to tell the intel driver to continue on,
> even though it doesn't detect a monitor? Like NVidia's ConnectedMonitor
> xorg.conf option?

This will be resolved in the Xserver 1.9 release, which has a patch to
bring up a dummy framebuffer if there are no connected displays and the
driver can grow the framebuffer at runtime (the Intel driver can).

That doesn't help you very much, I'm afraid, but what you want will Just
Work™ (in Maverick, which will become Ubuntu 10.10) soon!