[Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.11.901

Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva tolkiendili at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 07:31:31 CEST 2010

2010/6/18 Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org>:

>> I haven't tried driver 2.9 with xorg 1.8, because I supposed newer
>> xorg versions were incompatible with old drivers..
>
> I'd actually recommend using the newer X in both cases. I would hope
> that new X would work fine with an older driver, (but there might be
> some point at which the driver really is *too old* for a particular X
> server).
>
> In that case, you might need to bump the driver version up and hope that
> it still works.

When using an 2.9 driver compiled for 1.7 xorg, and 1.8 xorg, X
complains about ABI mismatch. Recompiling the driver is supposed to
fix this, but, I get the same error I got while building from git
sources. In fact I see it was already reported at gentoo bugzilla,
http://bugs.gentoo.org/317585

Well, I suppose I could just downgrade X..

Is 2.11 and beyond expected to work with Xorg 1.7? [ hmm, every time I
do this, I have to wait a while.. I'm using debian testing right now
(Xorg 1.7.5, intel driver 2.9.1) and it's working fine. ]

--
Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva <tolkiendili at gmail.com>