[Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.11.901

Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva tolkiendili at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 08:08:32 CEST 2010

2010/6/21 Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva <tolkiendili at gmail.com>:
> 2010/6/18 Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org>:
>> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:34:43 -0300, Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva <tolkiendili at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 2010/6/15 Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org>:
>>> Hello! I'm, maybe, getting the same thing here. I haven't tested the
>>> release candidate, but with Xorg 1.8 and driver 2.11, and a
>>> kms-enabled 2.6.34 kernel, using gentoo, X just freezes. If I
>>> downgrade it to 2.9 driver and 1.7 Xorg, it runs (but if I do USE=hal
>>> at Xorg, it freezes, too).
>>
>> Hi there, Elias!
>
> I did
>
> $ git checkout 2.9.0
> $ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/local/intel-gfx-2.9.0

I also compiled the latest code at /opt/local/intel-gfx-master

Running with it and X 1.8, X opens my display manager fine, but freezes

alt+sysrq+e can kill things fine (the kernel itself is responsive);
after that, I've saved Xorg.0.log and dmesg. Not sure if this is
useful at all, but I'm sending as attachment

my xorg.conf is just

Section "Files"
  ModulePath "/opt/local/intel-gfx-master"
  ModulePath "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

--
Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva <tolkiendili at gmail.com>