[Intel-gfx] Toshiba A505-S6005 Graphics help (HM55 on i3)

John (K3JAE) jaetling at k3jae.com
Thu Mar 4 01:20:53 CET 2010

Greetings all;

I certainly hope someone can assist me on this problem.

I have a Toshiba A505-S6005 (64bit)

It carries the HM55 (on the Intel i3) chip for video.

Kernel running is 2.6.32 as not sure if Fedora has issued a .33 update I
keep reading about.

Not sure what else is needed so if something else is needed please ask.

Attempting to find a driver for Fedora 12 so this can run properly.

I have about 2 weeks experience with Linux as a whole but have been in the
computer industry as a whole for 30+ years.

I am looking for a pre-packaged driver that I can use as just reading this
forum leaves me babbling. I am truly clueless for the most part related to
the technical discussions taking place here. I am not a programmer therefore
I cannot just simply write one or edit one as I have no clue how to even
attempt it let alone complete it.

Can someone assist in this area or point me top where I may get a verified
and working package? I have tried a few and none work. Last driver attempted
was xf86-intel-2.10.0 with no success.

John