[Intel-gfx] [Mesa3d-dev] i965 OpenGL is heavily broken again

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 23:24:24 CET 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 00:05 +0200, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 22:35 +0100, Florian Mickler wrote:
> > On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:02:51 +0100
> > Stephan Raue <mailinglists at openelec.tv> wrote:
> >
> > > looks this like my problems that i have reported some days ago with
> > > Subject "Problem using an Mesa based App with recent
> > > xorg/mesa/xf86-video-intel (loop?)" to Mesa-dev, xorg and intel-gfx list?
> > >
> > > i have still this issue, but i dont know what you need for informations
> > > to fix the issues?
> > >
> > > with ati driver i dont have problems, only here with intel driver on my
> > > Thinkpad X200t with intel HDA Graphics card
> > >

> I now see that compiz hangs in same way.
>
> Attached are backtrace of the compiz, and backtrace of etracer which did
> start full screen but became hung on resolution change.
>
> Best regards,
> 	Maxim Levitsky

Other info that might help:

I took a look at X and found that it was in normal waiting state
sleeping waiting for input.

Also, I found when 'unstable' mesa would appear to work when I start the
X while 'stable' one is used. It was compiz. When compiz is running
using stable mesa, an game does change the resolution 'usualy' without
hang even if uses unstable mesa.

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky