[Intel-gfx] [Mesa3d-dev] i965 OpenGL is heavily broken again

Florian Mickler florian at mickler.org
Sun Mar 7 17:18:04 CET 2010

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:11:59 -0800
Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org> wrote:

> It would help to know what the server is doing at this point with the
> client.  It may be that it put the client to sleep and hasn't woken it
> up yet, or there could be something wrong with our getbuffers code in
> the new scheme.
>
> Jesse

i played a little with parallel debugging of glxgears and X ...

i could manage it somewhat... one problem i had, was that after a
while the screen-saver would disable my displays and then glxgears
wouldnt hang anymore...  (where to disable that?)

the other problem i faced was, that i could
happily step through the dispatch loop in the xserver and could also
break in the dri2GetBuffersWithFormat, but i didn't know what to look
at... what datastructures hold the xserver-side state of the client?

hm.. i think i have to give that another go...

cheers,
Flo