[Intel-gfx] [1/2] drm/i915: Add MALATA PC-81005 to ACPI LID quirk list

ykzhao yakui.zhao at intel.com
Wed Mar 10 02:31:16 CET 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 23:16 +0800, Soenke von Stamm wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've got a netbook based on the same Malata barebone. It's called "Datacask
> Jupiter 1014a" and has been sold in Germany. It also has the ACPI LID quirk,
> yet one thing is different: DMI_SYS_VENDOR is empty. I have added 'dmidecode -
> d /dev/mem' as an attachment.
> My solution (tested iton Ubuntu 10.04 alpha3) is to remove the DMI_SYS_VENDOR
> line completely. Seems to be safe as any match googling for PC-81005 seems to
> point to stuff related to this malata netbook and offshoots. There has been
> another one sold under the name "Point of View Mobii" in Germany, don't know
> about the DMI info of that one though.

The string for DMI_SYS_VENDOR is empty on some boxes. For example: the
box in bug 14629. This is different with the box in freedesktop bug
25523.

Yes. The issue can be fixed by removing the DMI_SYS_VENDOR as you
mentioned. But it will cover all the machines with the DMI_PRODUCT_NAME
of "pc-81005". I am not sure whether this is appropriate.

> One Zhao Yakui has suggested this patch:
> http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/83555/
>
> DMI_MATCH(DMI_BIOS_VENDOR, "INSYDE")
> instead of
> DMI_MATCH(DMI_SYS_VENDOR, "MALATA")
>
> this might match my machine but will break with those machines labelled after
> the original manufacturer "Malata" of course.

They are the two different quirks. That means that the following quirk
still exists even after the patch is applied.
     >http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/83555/

Thanks.