[Intel-gfx] LID and xrandr bug

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Mon Mar 22 11:27:52 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 08:41:26AM +0800, ykzhao wrote:
>    Do you attach the external monitor when the LID is closed?

no. I issue commands over ssh.

>    Please add the boot option of "drm.debug=0x04" and attach the output
> of dmesg.

I put it on web. Moreover, I ran only X server + xterm to be sure that no
desktop environment does something nasty.

http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xhejtman/drm-debug/

you can find there xrandr and dmesg outputs.

the first one is *-lidopened.txt - this is starting point.
the second one is *-lidclosed.txt - after I closed the LID.
the third one is *-autooutput.txt - after I ran xrandr --ouput LVDS1 --auto
the fourth one is *-afterlidreopen.txt - after I reopened the LID (the LID was
closed during the third step).

You can see that resolution is set to 320x200 and is not set back. And even
the setting to 320x200 is wrong because window manager moves windows into
visible area but it does not move them back when resolution is back to native.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek