[Intel-gfx] i915GM 2D+3D intel driver regression

Marc Deop i Argemí damnshock at gmail.com
Sun May 2 21:48:38 CEST 2010

On Friday April 30 2010 22:56:12 Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> And although so much has changed, I still
> - Can't scroll through my gmail inbox "fluently", not with firefox
> nore with Opera
> - Can't play even simple OpenGL games at 1280x800
> - Still have to disable Composition because it dramatically slows down
> window-resize performance.
>
> So yep, it still sucks. However it doesn't crash every 2 hours as it
> did with intel-2.7/2.8.

I see I'm not the only one with this really bad performance. I thought it was
my system which was buggy or somethings :S

My experience with an intel 945GM on linux has been *TERRIBLE*. I was even
thinkig to switch back to Windows for some time (in fact, I even got to
install Windows 7 although it didn't last long...).

However, I must thank the devs an intel because I feel they are headed in the
right direction. Even though the performance is still terrible, I see that
there are improvements with every driver release and kernel update.

I hope I'll get a really usable driver in short :)