[Intel-gfx] Picture quality on laptop LCD with i915GM chipset.

Andrew Lutomirski luto at mit.edu
Sat May 15 01:21:51 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 7:17 PM, SD <sd.domrep at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear All.
>
> My question may look strange but I have some serious problem that prevent me of using any linuxes on kernel higher then 2.6.27.
>
> Explanation: I have laptop i686 Celeron i915GM video. On it there is two OS - OpenSuse 11.1 (kernel 2.6.27) and now Fedora 13 (2.6.33 - 85). I have tested Fedora 12, nut upgrade it to 13.

Have you tried OpenSuse 11.1 with a newer kernel?

If the problem is just the fonts, you might be seeing a result of
different fonts, subpixel rendering settings, or freetype version.

If the problem is really due to the graphics driver, you should be
able to take a screenshot in one OS and look at it in the other and
see a difference.

--Andy