[Intel-gfx] QS57/HD Graphics support?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 30 15:31:34 CET 2010

Dear Matthew,

please send just plain text messages to mailing lists and no HTML.

Am Dienstag, den 30.11.2010, 09:15 +0800 schrieb Matthew Willoughby:

> I'm trying to get up and running on a Toshiba Libretto W100, A dual
> touchscreen device(Detailed specs:
> http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/libretto_W105-L251.pdf
> )
> I've gotten the first screen to work perfectly, however the second screen is
> now the issue.
> Enabling LVDS2 via xrandr turns the screen on and extends the desktop,
> however all that is outputted is grey, occasionally white, and sometimes
> flashing colours.
> For information: A fresh install of Windows 7 can't use the second screen
> either, until the Intel drivers are installed, so I'm assuming that this is
> simply not supported in the linux drivers.
> Does someone with more knowledge have any recommendations, I'm at a loss for
> how to continue.

I have no idea, but I guess the developers would be interested in the
versions of the software you use.

If nobody responds you should open a ticket in the bug tracker [1].

> Output from xrandr:
> #xrandr -q
> Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1024 x 600, maximum 8192 x 8192
> LVDS1 connected 1024x600+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm
> x 0mm
>    1024x600       60.2*+
>    800x600        85.1     72.2     75.0     60.3     56.2
>    640x480        85.0     72.8     75.0     59.9
>    720x400        85.0
>    640x400        85.1
>    640x350        85.1
> VGA1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> LVDS2 connected 1024x600+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> 151mm x 95mm
>    1024x600       60.0*+   40.0
>    800x600        60.3     56.2
>    640x480        59.9
> #xrandr --output LVDS2 --mode 1024x600 --below LVDS1

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html