[Intel-gfx] 2.6.36-rc5 i915 regression

Zhenyu Wang zhenyuw at linux.intel.com
Sat Oct 2 11:07:53 CEST 2010

On 2010.10.01 22:27:45 +0200, Seblu wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 12:55:56 +0000 (UTC), Seblu <seblu at seblu.net> wrote:
> >> I've the same kind trouble with -rc6 and my dell e6410. When module i915 is
> >> loaded screen become black and i loose the hand on the system.
> >
> > Nope, completely different bug. eDP being the issue here. Though I think
> > the Dell 6410 is one of the few that Jesse has been able to get working
> > (in drm-intel--next)
>
> You speek about eDP, but i don't use the external DisplayPort. Despite
> that you think, this can be linked?

eDP is embedded DP link to your laptop panel, it's an alternative replacement
for LVDS.

> I have to add, that with 2.6.33 to 2.6.35.7 host start and drm/intel
> works well ! I was so happy :)

yeah, that time I did borrow one e6410 and it's working. Then it left
me and I got regression report on eDP from PCH DP port.

> If you need i report something i can do it, but at the moment,
> starting with 2.6.36-rc6 produce no usable output for debug or
> understanding what goes wrong.

I sent mail before to ask if ajax's eDP connector type change for PCH/eDP
has caused regression for that, but one e6410 owner replied no effect by
revert that patch. You may help by bisect drm/i915.

--
Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd.

$gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827