[Intel-gfx] Corruption in glxgears with Compiz

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 22 14:53:16 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

I was wondering whether anyone has tried the latest stack of drivers
with compiz running?

I'm running the Ubuntu Xorg edgers PPA with a home-brew backport of
drm-intel-next against the 2.6.35 ubuntu kernel. That was working fine
until recently, but with compiz running I'm getting some visual
corruption. (I've attached a fragment of a screen-shot captured during
the problem).

The problem does not occur with xcompmgr or metacity (with or without
compositing enabled), just compiz.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to narrow down which update caused the
breakage yet, as a lot of components have changed recently, and I've not
normally been running compiz.

If I can narrow it down further (or it doesn't get resolved in a few
weeks), I'll file a proper bug report ;)

Aside from this little glitch and a small TV-out misdetect problem which
I patch around locally, the drivers have been great recently!

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,