[Intel-gfx] [regression] i915: enable AVI infoframe for intel_hdmi.c [v4]

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sat Oct 23 13:38:25 CEST 2010

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:15:54 +0200, David Härdeman <david at hardeman.nu> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 10:03:38AM +0200, Alexey Fisher wrote:
> >I have regression after commit "i915: enable AVI infoframe for
> >intel_hdmi.c [v4]". After boot i get black screen with cursor on top
> >left corner. I can access my pc per ssh.
> >
> >My HW: Intel DG45ID board, Monitor (iiyama prolite b2409hds) connected
> >on DVI.
>
> Perhaps the SDVOB and SDVOC handling is wrong? My hardware only has one
> HDMI port while yours has two (and HDMI2 is connected). I wonder why
> your DVI port is recognized as HDMI2 though? Chris?

In this case it is more likely that we are feeding an audio signal along a
DVI cable to a HDMI-capable monitor that simply isn't expecting the extra
data on its DVI connector. The reason why we don't recognise HDMI as DVI
is that we simply ignore the VBT which tells us what connectors are
actually attached to the HDMI encoders on the chip. (We have a few bugs
open due to this already.)

Does 'xrandr --output HDMI2 --set force_audio -1' restore the signal?