[Intel-gfx] Fwd: 2.6.36-rc5 i915 regression

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 26 03:42:56 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 02:57 +0200, Seblu wrote:
> I make an another video, which show suspend to ram issue with this
> lastest kernel and how it's perfectly functionnal with 2.6.35.7.
>
> http://videobin.org/+2a5/2kp.ogg
>
> can i do something more to help your  troubleshoot this issue?

If you have a working kernel version and a non working version (and some
time on your hands!), you could "git bisect" between the various
revisions to determine which commit introduced the breakage.

(NB: I'm not a driver developer here, just a keen user).

It took me a good long time bisecting a graphics regression when I had
it down to 80 changes. Since in that case I was sure it was a graphics
related fault - and had an idea which of the many driver source files
would be relevant, I was able to pass some extra parameters to git
bisect to narrow the search.

Others might disagree, but from your video I wouldn't be 100% sure that
I could restrict the search to the graphics driver only.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,