[Intel-gfx] Speed boost disabling RCC clock gating ECO

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Oct 30 04:34:37 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

Just a note on a data-point I found here:

sudo intel_reg_read 0x21D0
[sudo] password for pcjc2:
0x21D0 : 0x307

sudo intel_reg_write 0x21D0 0x1000207
Value before: 0x307
Value after: 0x207

This boosted FPS of my displaylist frame benchmark from 35fps to 37fps.

This was clearing bit 8 of ECOSKPD, which is controlling the following
ECO:

Clock gating for the RCC (Disable one clock gate cell)

Any chance someone knows why the ECO is in place, or whether it is
dangerous to disable?

I also noticed that the specs for bit 12 and 9 (working around a CLIP
bug) are set in an invalid state according to the G45 PRM.

I have bit 12=0, bit9=1

This does match the expected default setting though.. is there a typo in
the PRM (Vol1a, P.322.) mixing bits 9 and 12 around in the table?

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,