[Intel-gfx] suggestions for Web site (was: Intel 2011Q1 release)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 15 12:40:17 CEST 2011

Dear Gordon,

Am Freitag, den 15.04.2011, 08:25 +0800 schrieb Jin, Gordon:

> We'd like to announce Intel 2011Q1 graphics package, with bug fixes as usual, and improved support for Sandy Bridge.

[…]

> Please also let us know your suggestions for how the website could be improved.

1. <http://intellinuxgraphics.org/2011Q1.html>
a) Under »components« I found it confusing that clicking on the link a
download is started especially because of the word release. Maybe put
there two links. The first one could link to the announcement and the
second, for example named »download«, to the tarball.
b) Under »support discontinued« I find it confusing that it still says
»XvMC is disabled on 915G/GM for KMS: bug#23012.«, since that has been
the way since over a year?. I suggest to either drop it or add »since
2010Q1(?) release«.

2. <http://intellinuxgraphics.org/vaapi.html>
a) Use full stops at the end of sentences.
b) In the table it is not clear for me, if the hardware does not support
that feature or it has just not been yet implemented in the software
stack/driver. It would be great to clarify this by for example »not
supported by hardware« and »not implemented«.

Thanks,

Paul