[Intel-gfx] Sandy Bridge (i7/H67) and connected screens

Robert Kaiser kairo at kairo.at
Fri Apr 29 16:39:46 CEST 2011

Chris Wilson schrieb:
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 22:09:42 +0100, Robert Kaiser<kairo at kairo.at>  wrote:
>> Chris Wilson schrieb:
>>> Let's start by looking at the dmesg and Xorg.log and then determine what's
>>> wrong. If you add drm.debug=0xe to your grub kernel parameters, so much
>>> the better.
>>
>> OK, I launched with that parameter and found by logging in from my N900
>> a way to drop dmesg into a file and take a copy of Xorg.0.log, so here
>> they are in an attachment.
>> Just if you might need it, when this ran, the newer 1920x1080 monitor
>> was plugged in on the DVI port and I think I had the HDMI one not
>> plugged in at all.
>
> This is the cause of the trouble:
>
> [    3.042320] i915 GPIOB: SDA stuck high!
> [    3.045553] i915 GPIOA: SDA stuck low!
> [    3.045625] i915 GPIOC: SDA stuck high!
> [    3.049540] i915 GPIOD: SDA stuck low!
> [    3.049612] i915 GPIOE: SDA stuck high!
> [    3.049694] i915 GPIOF: SDA stuck high!
>
> First time I've ever seen that, though that is maybe because it is in a
> non-default debugging path.
>
> However, failing the i2c bitbanging adapter being created, we would be
> using the GMBUS interface. That appears to be failing as well. (Not too
> surprising since it uses the same ports internally.)
>
> Not sure how to proceed, maybe someone else has a better idea?

Any update? I just have changed to a different DH67CL board (now with
"B3 stepping") and I'm running on 2.6.29-rc4 but the symptoms stay the
same (didn't create another debug log to verify the exact error though).
I doubt that two board would have the same hardware error to cause that
and I also doubt that both my screens are busted (esp. as one works with
this board with vesafb/nomodeset=1 mode at least), so I suspect there
really is something in the drivers that goes wrong.

It's a bit disappointing that with an all-Intel solution I end up like
that, has anyone of you guys tried a DH67CL + i7-2600 yourself?

I really hope you/we can find a solution to this!

Robert Kaiser