[Intel-gfx] gen6 (SNB) garbled window content when scrolling with SNA enabled

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Wed Aug 3 00:12:07 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 12:59:50PM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 13:19:57 +0200 (CEST), "Nicolas Kalkhof" <nkalkhof at web.de> wrote:
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > Applications:
> > Oxygen XML Editor 12.2 using latest jdk 1.6.0 (get the trial here: http://www.oxygenxml.com/)
> > Squirrel SQL Editor 3.2.1 (get it here: http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/)
> > Desktop: XFCE 4.8 or Trinity 3.5.12
> > Got a ScreenRegion dumped with xwd, see attachment.
>
> Given that I have to wait for a trial key, you're going to have to
> convince me that it is not simply the application mishandling a NoExpose.
> What are the steps to reproduce within Oxygen XML Editor? Can it be
> reproduced within the help system, which is all I can access at the
> moment? Can it be reproduced in any other application using a different
> toolkit?

Chris, I'm getting similar render issues with XFCE and openbox. I use 2.6.39.3
kernel + git head driver (--enable-sna).

I got screen corruption accross all the apps (xfce-terminal, im psi, xfce4
panel, firefox). Not all are text related, e.g., xfce4 panel gets corrupted in
pager (workspace switcher where no text is).

My HW is Lenovo T420. 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd
Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)

I gave a try to 3.0 kernel but problems were even worse. Playing video using
XV gave me random framents of video accross whole desktop :(

Also, is it a bug that xrandr does not report eDP and DVI ports? (the first
one is located on the NTB itself and dock, DVI is located on the dock only.)
xrandr reports only VGA1 and LVDS1 ports. I have optimus variant but
I switched to Intel only in BIOS.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek