[Intel-gfx] Thanks for joining this discussion on professional issues on Linux Graphics function area

zeng yi zengyi8203 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 04:44:01 CEST 2011

Dear friends:
    I am a customer (from BeiJing China) on Linux Graphics. Some
professional issues need to be solved quickly. Thanks for providing details
info if you known, we could join this  discussion on following questions if
needed.
   Thanks for giving some comments or solution method to me if you known,
and if you have something I can do for you, please not hesitated to tell me
in future.

Original data Validation Related validated Objects Need help on these column
(thanks!!)  1 Validate that the following Components are present as they are
dependencies for the driver Verify the version of the dependencies. X11R7.4 How
to get its version, (which file/log could I find related info?)

Open GL version 2.1 or better How to get its version, (which file/log could
I find related info?)

Mesa/Khronos 3D Graphics Library and interfaces How to get its version,
(which file/log could I find related info?)

Open GL ES 2.0 or better How to get its version, (which file/log could I
find related info?)

Open GL VG version 1.0 or better How to get its version, (which file/log
could I find related info?)

32-bit Meego OS How to get its version, (which file/log could I find related
info?)  2 validate basic 2D X11 Standard Graphics and Server function using
Xtest Suite, Xtest Suite Covers X library function API testing, object
testing and protocol verification, and allows multiple configuration
options basic
2D X11 Standard Graphics and Server function X library function API testing How
I could known its API list or related components??

object testing How I could known its objects list. or related components

protocol verification How I could known its potocol list. or related
components

allows multiple configuration options How I could known its configurations
list. or related components  3 validate that X11 Graphics support the EXA
Graphics hardware acceleration extensions support the EXA Graphics hardware
acceleration extensions X11 Graphics related function list Need know main
function. Need more time

EXA Graphics hardware acceleration extensions Known the way to verify
hardware acceleration, need time to known what info should be
validated  4 Validate
that X11 Graphics supports EXA Graphics hardware acceleration extensions and
supports hardware overlay supports Xv Graphics hardware acceleration
extensions Xv Graphics hardware acceleration extensions How could I verify
its hardware acceleration, Is there some introduce on Xv Graphics?

supports hardware overlay Hardware overlay How to verify the function on
hardware overlay?  5 Validate X11 Graphics supports some extentions Supports
Xrandr Xrandr Known the way to verify( Objects can be displays in two PC at
the same time). Need time to collect various objects
(Open GL v2.1 or better) Supports Xrender Xrender Known the way to
verify(Points and vector displays well).Need time to collect objects on
points and vector

Supports LibGL.so
How could I verify on this .so file, what is its related components

Supports Xcursor Xcursor How could I verify this function

Supports DDC
what are DDC related function?How to verify  6 X driver supports 2D/3D
Hardware Overlay Video Services using Direct Rendering Interface version
2.0(DRI2) extensions supports 2D/3D Hardware Overlay Video Services 2D/3D
Hardware Overlay Video Services How to use these service

Direct Rendering Interface version 2.0(DRI2) extentions How to use these
extensions  7 Validate that OpenGL Version 2.1 and associated core
extensions and texture_from_pixmap extension are hardware accelerated OpenGL
Version 2.1 and associated core extensions and texture_from_pixmap extension
are hardware accelerated OpenGL Version 2.1 is hardware accelerated How to
known OpenGL Version 2.1' s function list, how to verify hardware accelerate

Associated core extensions is hardware accelerated How to known Associated
core extensions' s function list, How to verify hardware accelerate

Texture_from_pixmap extension is hardware accelerated How to known
Texture_from_pixmap extension' s function list, how to verify hardware
accelerate  8 Validate Open GL X extensions called GLX using x11 2D
performance using x11perf 2D performance Open GL X extensions called GLX
using x11 2D performance Open GL X extensions called GLX using x11 2D
performance What is the detail function on how to call GLX

using x11perf 2D performance how to use x11perf(xstart, x11perf -all) to
verify on certain data and create corresponding result file  9 Validate the
Open GL API Library functionality using Intel Open GL 2.1 Function Suite Open
GL API Library functionality using Intel Open GL 2.1 Function Suite Open GL
API Library functionality Need to known API Library functionality

Intel Open GL 2.1 Function Suite What is Intel Open GL 2.1 Function Suite
10 Validate that DLSL is supported and hardware accelerated DLSL is
supported and hardware accelerated DLSL is supported What is DLSL related
function

Hardware accelerated What is DLSL related function  11 Validate that
ARB_vertex_program is hardware accelerated ARB_vertex_program is hardware
accelerated ARB_vertex_program What is ARB_vertex_program related function

Hardware accelerated how to test hardware accelerated  12 Validate that
ARB_fragment_program is hardware accelerated ARB_fragment_program is
hardware accelerated ARB_fragment_program What are  ARB_fragment_program
related function

Hardware accelerated how to test hardware accelerated

Thanks very much!

ZengYi
BeiJing China