[Intel-gfx] no video output when usign custom alsa device

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Sat Aug 6 04:46:26 CEST 2011

Now this is downright weird:
as a workaround for the "tearing" bug I decided to use gl2 output for now.
Which works perfectly fine. Got a fast CPU, no problem.
Now I wanted to limit the dynamic range and chainloaded two LADSPA plugins
into my alsa setup (.asoundrc below).

dts tracks now are watchable at night without waking the neighbors, but when I
use *this* alsa device I can pass gl, gl2, whatever: the video output stays
dark.

I can only think of that it has to do with some A/V syncing method, but
seriously - I am bereft of proper clues.

Here is the ~/.asoundrc , I load the chain with mplayer -ao \
alsa:device=ladcomp

pcm.ladcomp {
  type plug
   slave.pcm "ladcomp_compressor";
 }

pcm.ladcomp_compressor {
  type ladspa
   slave.pcm "ladcomp_limiter";
     path "/usr/lib/ladspa";
     plugins [
     {
      label dysonCompress
       input {
              #peak limit, release time, fast ratio, ratio
              controls [0 1 0.5 0.99]
             }
     }
  ]
}

pcm.ladcomp_limiter {
 type ladspa
  slave.pcm "plughw:0,0";
   path "/usr/lib/ladspa";
    plugins [
    {
     label fastLookaheadLimiter
      input {
             #InputGain(Db) -20 -> +20 ; Limit (db) -20 -> 0 ; Release time
(s) 0.01 -> 2
             controls [ 20 0 0.8 ]
      }
    }