[Intel-gfx] How to avoid turning off external display on LID close

Dmitry Nezhevenko dion at inhex.net
Sun Aug 7 12:54:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've laptop with Intel GM45 graphics:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

At home I usually connect external DVI monitor to laptop's HDMI output and
use only external display. Unfortunately I can't close laptop LID because
this will turn off external display.

I've tried to run followed:
	xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto
	xset dpms force on

But still can't turn display on. Is it some kind of limitation of
chipset/laptop/drivers? Is it any way to keep external display working
even when LID is closed?

xserver-xorg-video-intel        2:2.15.0-3
xserver-xorg-core       2:1.10.2.902-1

Regards

--
WBR, Dmitry