[Intel-gfx] Apple Cinema Display

Ethan Schoonover es at ethanschoonover.com
Mon Aug 8 18:37:49 CEST 2011

After a couple weeks of sporadic tinkering trying to get my DisplayPort to work
with an Apple Cinema display under Arch Linux (3.0) (mini displayport LED
model), I came across a post on the Ubuntu forums mentioning the intel-gfx irc
channel having helped solve the same issue.

The post is here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11089796#post11089796

I'm just wondering if this fix is going to make it into upstream? If not I'll
have to throw in the towel and pick up a different more Linux friendly
displayport monitor, but seeing as I have this here I'd love to make it work.

Barring the fix being made official if there I'd be happy patching for the time
being if that's the better option.

Best regards,
Ethan Schoonover
es at ethanschoonover.com