[Intel-gfx] How can I set non-60Hz-Modes?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 10 20:16:55 CEST 2011

On 2011/08/10 19:58 (GMT+0200) Oliver Seitz composed:

> Felix Miata wrote:

>>  On 2011/08/10 14:15 (GMT+0200) Oliver Seitz composed:

>>>  Configuration of software is not done through conf files anymore, it is
>>>  done using hardware. If autodetection gives values you do not want, you
>>>  have to alter the hardware.

>>  I can't imagine people trying to configure multihead without .conf
>>  files. How's that supposed to work?

> I've been exaggerating a bit, I must confess... But, to keep things
> straight, I really did multihead setup using xrandr in a startup script.

You think mere mortals are going to find startup scripts, not to mention
xrandr, easier to figure out than config files? Plus, in my experience, there
are far too many different script file names and locations among various
distros than X config files and locations. Not to say .config file setup is
easy, because it's not, but to me they're the lesser evil.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/