[Intel-gfx] xbmc needs to be kill-9ed

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Aug 14 15:57:39 CEST 2011

Dear Dexter,

Am Sonntag, den 14.08.2011, 15:29 +0200 schrieb Dexter Filmore:
> The XB Media Center here on debian testing (linux 3.0.0, intel v2.15, mesa
> 7.10) doesn't exit cleanly, have to kill -9 the process from a shell.
> As it works ok on any other installation without intel here I suspect
> intel-video.
> If you need logs let me know what.

I hope I am wrong, but I guess you provided no useful information for
debugging that problem. Please provide URLs to the programs you are
referring to. XBMC is as far as I know not in the Debian archive. So how
did you install it, what version exactly and what options do you use?

XBMC should tell you why it is not exiting cleanly.

I suggest, that you open a report in the XBMC bug tracker [1] and report
back when the XBMC folks suspect a driver problem and tell you to do so.

Thanks and good luck,

Paul

[1] http://trac.xbmc.org/