[Intel-gfx] kernel-3.1.0-0.rc2.git0.1.fc16 and i915GM and DRM

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 18 09:39:12 CEST 2011

Dear SD,

Am Dienstag, den 16.08.2011, 12:37 -0700 schrieb SD:

> Just updated Fedora 16 to kernel-3.1.0-0.rc2.git0.1.fc16.
> Noticed that DRM (I hope it is DRM) works quite slow. For example if I
> open mc in xterm window 150x50 size this window draws about 1 second,
> noticeably slow, although I can't find any errors nor in xorg log nor
> in dmesg.

was only the Linux kernel upgraded? Could you boot with an older Linux
kernel and try to reproduce the issue?

If it is a Linux kernel issue you could try to bisect it.

> So, if one wants to know any additional details, please tell what to
> check, because everything looks good, but 2D graphics became much
> slower then it was with kernel-3.0.1-5.fc16.

It looks like nobody had time yet to look into your issue. Please either
submit a report to the Fedora bug tracking system or the Freedesktop bug
tracking system and report the bug number back to the list. Please
follow the guide »How to file a good bug report« [1] on what information
to provide.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html