[Intel-gfx] How to disable (not working) native backlight support?

Niccolò Belli darkbasic4 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 21:01:48 CEST 2011

Il 29/08/2011 20:13, Sérgio Basto ha scritto:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2011-August/011811.html
> says that "i915 native backlight never got merged" and it can be applied
> to Linux 3.0 and 3.1-rc1 , so  what native backlight support are you
> talking about ?

Uhm... I am talking about LVDS backlight. Before 2.6.39 there was no way
to adjust backlight without the samsung-backlight patch (except for an
hack), while with 2.6.39+ it does work out of the box -for example with
kde's powerdevil- but it sucks. I did think it was because "native
backlight support" got merged... Anyway, whatever backlight-related
thing got merged I want to disable it and use samsung-backlight instead.

Thanks,
Niccolò