[Intel-gfx] Intel 2011Q4 graphics package

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Tue Dec 6 04:29:37 CET 2011

On 2011-12-05 23:03-0200 Eugeni Dodonov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We’d like to announce Intel 2011Q4 graphics package, focused on performance and stability improvements in the Intel Linux Graphics
> stack.
>
> Please check http://intellinuxgraphics.org/2011Q4.html for the recommended stack, list of new features and known issues.
>
> I'd also like to thank all the developers, community, our users and testers for helping us to improve the drivers. Thanks a lot for all
> your work, help and support!
>
> And as usual, if you find any new issues, please let as know by filing bugs following the
> http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html guidelines.
>
> Thanks,
> Eugeni Dodonov
> Intel Open Source Technology Center

Hi Eugeni:

My primary interest in Intel graphics is I just want something that is
completely stable for a mostly 2D desktop with the ability to play
some low-end 3D games.  Thus, I have been reasonably content with what
I get from Debian stable for my g33 graphics hardware, but I would
like to upgrade to Debian testing for a number of reasons.  However,
what's been holding me back from that upgrade is concern that g33 has
not been validated for a while by the Intel team (e.g., no mention of
g33 for your first quarterly release this year).

Therefore, I was very glad to see g33 mentioned as one of the
validated platforms both for this release and also for the 3rd
quarterly release this year so my hopes that g33 will work with no big
issues for Debian testing are much higher than they were. However,
testing results for only some (Pineview 32-bit, and
Sandybridge/Ivybridge for 64-bit) of your validated platforms are
linked at the above URL.  Is there a link you can give me for the g33
test results (preferably 64 bit)?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin