[Intel-gfx] [Dual-LVDS Acer Iconia laptop] i915/DRM issue: one screen stays off [3.2-rc4+]

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at jonglez.org
Tue Dec 6 23:31:09 CET 2011

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 11:12:26PM +0100, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
> Hi Baptiste,

Hi,

> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 22:51, Baptiste Jonglez <baptiste at jonglez.org> wrote:
> > The second screen works fine with the attached patch. It actually is
> > 6 months old but seems to have been lost in the wild...
>
> You don't have the problem of the second backlight still off?
> On our Iconia, we need to trigger a special DMI command to set it up
> (SDSS, IIRC).

No, with the patch, it worked out-of-the-box.

I can even control the brightness in
`/sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness' (it affects both
displays at the same time though). But even at 0, it's still perfectly
readable.

Maybe this a bug that got fixed recently? I've actually tried the 3.1
kernel (and then the 3.2-rc4) because I noticed a lot of commits and
improvements in the i915 driver recently.

> > Thanks Benjamin!
>
> All the credits are from Ajax and somebody else on IRC I don't recall,
> really sorry. Thanks to them.
>
> Cheers,
> Benjamin.

Regards,