[Intel-gfx] Rotating video signal in INTEGRITY OS

Shurik Shurik at birdaero.com
Wed Dec 7 06:50:35 CET 2011

Hello all,

I have a board that is using the Intel 855GME chipset.
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/value-chipsets/chipset-855gme.html

it has two outputs, LVDS and a VGA.
My application is build on the INEGRITY OS, not LINUX.

I need to rotate only the VGA output by 180 degrees.
How can I do it using the 855GME? I cannot use the RandR in INTEGRITY.

I am using a graphic library called PEG.
http://www.swellsoftware.com/products/pegplus.php

in its source I see when the data is written to a buffer that is mapped to the memory region in the kernel called __ghs_vga_videomem.
The problem the same data is shown on both outputs.

Here is the declaration of the memory region:
MemoryReservation __ghsentry_reservedmem_vgaframebuffer =
    { MEMORY_RWE | MEMORY_IOCOHERENT | MEMORY_VOLATILE,
      0, 0x400a0000, 0x400bffff, Other_MemoryType, true, 0xffffffff, 0xffffffff,
      "__ghs_vga_videomem" };

1.       Does the rotation is done by writing the data rotated or it is rotated by the hardware?

2.       How do I split the two outputs?

Thanks.
Alex.