[Intel-gfx] Display port

Alexandre alxgomz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 12:40:29 CET 2011

Hello,

I have an HP probook 5320m shipped with an intel GPU.

lspci
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 149b
    Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
    Memory at c0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    I/O ports at 3030 [size=8]
    Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
    Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
    Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [a4] PCI Advanced Features
    Kernel driver in use: i915

This laptop offer display port connector.
I have installed Debian squeeze on it (gnome desktop) and can't have display
port to work. In the gnome configuration screens I can't find the external
display when clicking on "detect displays"!

Does the i915 driver should work for display port?
Do I have to manually configure xorg.conf to make it work? how?

Thanks for your help