[Intel-gfx] On SNB: Hangcheck timer elapsed... GPU hung

Ivan Bulatovic combuster at gmx.com
Wed Feb 16 14:33:27 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 08:20 -0500, Andrew Lutomirski wrote:
> I'm curious what userspace you're all running.  I'm using
> xf86-video-intel from git on Feb 4 with 2.6.37 (completely unpatched!)
> and my i7-2600 is quite stable.  The only problem I have is that
> compiz has hung twice since I got the machine.  In both cases, killall
> -9 compiz rescued the system.
>
> Fedora 14's xf86-video-intel didn't work so well (compiz dropped
> enough frames that the effects weren't really visible).
>
> I'm single head on DisplayPort.
>
> (Even firefox 4 webgl works nicely.)
>
> --Andy

xf86-video-intel 2.14
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Desktop GEM
20100330 DEVELOPMENT
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.10.1-devel
X.Org X Server 1.9.4
Release Date: 2011-02-04
Current Operating System: Linux silverstone 2.6.38-rc5-RC #1 SMP PREEMPT
Wed Feb 16 13:32:11 CET 2011 x86_64

ArchLinux packages from extra repository, I still have to compile X and
Mesa from git for testing purposes.