[Intel-gfx] Some tests and bug (Games lines flashing and Vaapi)

Damien Herault dherault at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 10 17:37:58 CET 2011

Ok guys. I've done some tests with my Intel HD (core I5 560M) and the 2.13 driver. (2.14 not ready on rawhide repos).

First about Vaapi.
I don't know the difference between libva by intel , and libva freeworld included in fedora. VLC and mplayer-accelerated use the freeworld lib...
Mplayer-accelerated run fine on my chip.
But VLC not. I've a lot of micro stuttering every 10 seconds...
Also CPU usage is much higher than under Windows. About 20 to 30% against 5% with windows (Mplayer and VLC tests with the same CPU usage.

And a bug ?

On all the games I have lines that flash sometimes black, sometimes white.Tested on tux racer, tux kart and Guild Wars on wine.  Screen provided on tux racer. The line is always at the head of tux, it is fixed, sometimes black, sometimes white. They are quick flash.

Screen here : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=471752

Thanks.
Damien Herault.