[Intel-gfx] Sandy Bridge issue: 3d clipped to window offset (0,0)

Lindsay Roberts lindsay.roberts.os at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 08:12:54 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm having some interesting behaviour with Sandy Bridge (Chip
SANDYBRIDGE_M_GT2) and the 2010Q4 package.

3D draws, but the only part of the drawn content I see is the
intersection of the actual current window content rect and the
rectangle from (0, 0) to the width and height of the window at
creation time. Any changes to the position or size of a GL window do
not change this clipped boundary, although the actual content is
offset and/or scaled correctly (but still clipped).

Booting an Ironlake i5 under the exact same software (ie. the same
drive) has no problems. I've been trying to grep for any places the
gen6 path diverges where this could be caused to no effect. Using a
simple window manager, either my own super simple embedded one or twm.

Attempted configs (All other parts as per 2010Q4):

Kernel:
* v2.6.37 tag mainline (has intermittent GPU hangs)
* ickle/drm-intel/drm-intel-next latest
[34da1327c3814781925396fa10c42f596588ff76] (hang-free)

Mesa:
* v7.10 tag mainline
* master latest [469ea695bbbc984ebec26b2413ab70d450a283ca]

Am I doing something absurd with my build/config that could cause
this? In other respects the driver seems to be performing really well.

- Lindsay Roberts