[Intel-gfx] Binary add-ins for Arrandale

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 15:16:16 CET 2011

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 19:36:09 +0530, Madura Anushanga <madura.x86 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm in doubt whether there are optional binary-only add-ins for the intel
> graphics driver for Linux that will make it's performance increase. It seems
> to lack the features and performance that are present in the binary-only
> Windows driver. Is there a choice for users of Linux that are not strictly
> Open Source?

No [1]. What features are you lacking? There are a few that other groups
within Intel protect as being proprietary that we would need to sink a
huge investment of time into to reverse engineer (or simply develop an
alternate). Knowing what features are desirable help us plan and allocate
resources, so what is your priority list?
-Chris

[1] There *is* the IEGD binary driver. I'm not even sure if that is
generally available or even compilable. Caveat lector.