[Intel-gfx] Switching mesa to gallium causes graphics to crash on glxgears

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 21:26:00 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Sven Arvidsson <sa at whiz.se> wrote:
> Two things:
>

> Vblank is enabled by default, you can turn it off by setting
> vblank_mode=0 or manually tweaking drirc.
>
> (It would be nice to be able to toggle vblank on/off in games, and
> through tools like driconf.)
>

> Intel doesn't do Gallium3D. The i915g driver is very much a
> work-in-progress and AFAIK not worked on by Intel developers.
>
> HTH,
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Sven Arvidsson
> http://www.whiz.se
> PGP Key ID 760BDD22

Hi Sven,
   OK, I gave driconf a try but it didn't seem to work. Then in a bit
of luck someone on the ATI graphics list (I have Intel, ATI and Nvidia
so I have to subscribe to lots of lists!) asked the same question.
Turns out driconf builds the file but in the driver section it puts
the graphics driver name. This needs to be replaced with "dri2".

   I did that, the message is gone and now I get about 700FPS.

   Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Mark