[Intel-gfx] An apparent large performance regression of 3D display over the network

Sven Arvidsson sa at whiz.se
Wed Jan 26 00:18:49 CET 2011

I think that you're supposed to set LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=true (on the
client, the one running the X server) otherwise you'll end up with
software rendering.

You can check if you're getting software rendering or not with "glxinfo
| grep renderer"

But on my system I can't seem to get this to work, I'll either end up
using the clients or the servers' software renderer...

Given that this problem isn't Intel-specific it's probably a better idea
to move the discussion to the xorg list <xorg at lists.freedesktop.org>
and/or file bugs on https://bugs.freedesktop.org

And just for clarity, I'm neither an Intel employee or an X dev - just
another user :)

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson